Friday, February 1, 2008
But, one thing for certain, we want PDO.
As the reasoning, this was discussed enough, so I'll jump directly to my ideas for a solution.
- Develop a PECL CLA that can optionally be used for PECL projects.
- If necessary, adapt the PHP License, so that it works nicely together with the CLA.
- The projects that want a CLA can choose between the PHP License or LGPL.
- Change the PECL web site so that projects can opt-in to using the CLA.
- Arrange it so that projects cannot drop the CLA flag.
- Add a user/CLA/project table to the PHP user database, and use this in CVS ACLs.
- Create a new CVS module php-default.
- Move all extensions that can be disabled and are not required for others to PECL.
- Link everything under php-src plus a default selection of extensions to php-default.
- Let us once and for all ban CLAs from php-src aka PHP core.
- Start developing PDO as part of CVS module php-src.
The Borg Queen to Kathryn Janeway: 'Do as all pragmatists do, compromise'. And it is no secret that I am a pragmatist.
Blogged with Flock
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]